.

.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer Time!

Ahhhhh yes, June 21st. The beginning of summer! 

No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks.....

Anthony didn't get it. Oh well. 

Anthony enjoyed his last day of school this past Tuesday, the 17th. It was also a half day. We had been counting down since the middle of May, lol, and he was very excited to watch the number of school days left get smaller and smaller.



Wednesday, I enjoyed our first morning of no more school with all three of the kiddos snuggling with me in bed at 6:30 am. I was hoping to sleep in longer....but I have to say it was a nice alternative to the usual morning of "Eat your breakfast, get dressed, brush your teeth, lets go!" 

That mellow morning gave way to chaos though.....and I knew it would!! While Summer does mean staying up a bit later, sleeping in a smudge, and an overall feeling of excitement and being carefree; it also means more bickering, more playing referrer, and more "I'm boooooooooored!"


I've got a trick up my sleeve to cure boredom though. It's called math sheets, flashcards, work books, and reading logs! I wonder who will be "bored" first? :) 

We've got a lot of fun things happening this summer. Birthday parties, play dates, Farmers Market, camping, my birthday, beach trip, kids' trip to Grandma and Grandpa's, projects, etc etc. First up is Anthony and Molly's fast approaching birthday's! Anthony will be 7 on the 27th and Molly 5 on the 28th with their party being Sunday the 29th! 

Happy summer break! 

With love, 
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment