.

.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Replacing the Boxed and Canned: Homemade Spaghettios

Okie dokie, so we ate our last can of spaghettio's about a month ago. The kids have been begging me for spaghettio's for lunch for a while now, so I finally decided to try out a homemade spaghettio's recipe I found here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2013/08/19/homemade-spaghetti-os/ 

Here it is below!


Homemade Spaghetti Os
Serves 3-4

Ingredients:

15oz no-salt-added tomato sauce
2 tbsp milk of choice
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp paprika
3/4 tsp to 1 tsp salt, depending on your preference

2-3 tsp butter-type spread (I used real butter)
3-4 tablespoons nutritional yeast or grated Parmesan cheese (I used 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese)
2 tbsp sweetener of choice (I used sugar in the raw)

1 cup uncooked tiny pasta of choice (If using a larger pasta, such as elbows, increase to 2 cups)

Instructions:

1. In a small saucepan, stir together all ingredients except the pasta. Bring to a boil, then lower and cook on low until the butter spread melts completely. 
2. Meanwhile, bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, throw in the pasta and cook until desired texture is reached. Drain, then pat dry with a towel. 
3.Pour the pasta into the sauce, and stir to combine. Serve. 
4. Before reheating any leftovers, stir and add a little milk if needed.



I used little star noodles that I thought were super cute. And I did not pat dry the noodles with a towel....I just drained them and all was well. 

This recipe was a win! It was super easy to make, one of my top cooking criteria, and the kids loved it. So no more canned spaghettio's for us! 

If you would like to check out a nice home made stove top mac and cheese recipe, click HERE.

With love,
Mama Hauck


No comments:

Post a Comment