Banana Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting
Makes 24 (It made 20 for me, and next time I'll only fill up 18 as I like my muffins big. These ones didn't even crest the liner.)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 ripe bananas (I used frozen ripe bananas and let them thaw in the sink that morning.)
8 tbsp softened butter (Don't forget to set your butter out on the counter to soften! lol)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp sour cream
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (Optional for you....necessity for me!)
1/2 cup cream cheese
4 tbsp softened butter
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375*. Put muffin liners in muffin tins.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. Peel the bananas, put them in a bowl and mash with fork. Set aside.
4. Put the butter, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy. Add in eggs, on at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Stir in the mashed bananas and sour cream. Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour mixture. Add chocolate chips if desired.
5. Spoon into muffin liners and bake for 20 minutes (I would recommend 18 minutes) until well risen and golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Completely. ;)
6. To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese and butter together in a bowl. Beat in the cinnamon and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
7. Chill in fridge for about 15 minutes to firm up, then top each cupcake using a butter knife.