.

.

Monday, March 10, 2014

High Five, Knucks, E-T, Handshake

I remember us teaching Anthony how to high five like it was just yesterday. We added in a knucks, then an ET for fun, then finished off with a handshake and a silly, "Hi! How are ya!?" at the end. I don't know why this was such a hit, but it was. Everyone loved it. No matter where we went, people about died from the cuteness. 

6 years and two more children later and our silly hand greetings are still a hit. Molly learned all the moves when she was little, and now most recently, Timothy. 

There are just some things that you do within your family that creates this sort of heart bursting, lump in your throat, I will love you till the end of time feeling. When we sing our made up "Goodmorning, Goodmorning" song or when we do our quirky hand greetings, I find myself praying that our children will one day do these things with their children.....because, well, because it's just our 'thing'.  


High-five, knucks, E-T, handshake....hi, how are ya!? 

With love,
Mama Hauck

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to see a video of this! I don't know if the kids will continue your family traditions with their own kids, I hope so. But I'll tell ya, to this day I have lots of fond memories of things we did when I was a boy. You're making memories that will stay with them a lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um that's so adorable. I did a gangsta handshake with my Gram that we made up when I was like 18 - because she was the coolest Gram ever :)

    ReplyDelete