.

.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Living in the Moment with Spaghettio's

I do a lot of reminiscing over days gone by. I also do a lot of dreaming of the days still to come. While both of those things are quite nice, I've found that sometimes doing this makes it hard for me to concentrate on and enjoy the present moment.

I want to do more of that. Way more of that. Truly, honestly, it's my heart's desire to live in the moment more. 

I feel as if the days are passing me by too quickly and instead of being able to enjoy them in the present moment, I'm either missing them after they are gone or dreaming and preparing for the ones still to come. 

Why, why, why! 

Spaghettio's. 

Spaghettio's helped me live in the moment today. Usually this is something I would choose to feed Timothy myself so there wouldn't be a huge mess to clean up and it would just make life easier....because I'm a neat freak and the thought of spaghettio's everywhere was enough to make me want to scream, you know? But instead of worrying about a mess and thinking about the clean up and all I had to do to get him ready for nap time so I could have some quiet time to myself, I decided to let my little guy try his hand at feeding himself his spaghettio's. How is this living in the moment? I don't know....it just is. At least it felt like it to me anyway. 

And because he did it all himself (wonderfully I might add!), I have a few wonderful photos and a cute video of this living in the moment feeling I granted myself. 



I promise to try more. I promise to stop being so wrapped up in the past and so set on preparing for the next day. I promise to take a deep breath, take a break, take a chill pill....and enjoy the moment more. I promise. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

P.S. For those wondering....Timothy's hernia surgery consultation in Portland went well. His surgery is scheduled for Feb 3rd. I wish it were sooner, but I understand there are other surgeries that take priority over his. We will just continue to watch him and wait for his surgery date! 


No comments:

Post a Comment