.

.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pinterest Win - Pallet Flag

We have a bunch of pallets (different ones than what is shown in the Pinterest photo) just stacked up on the side of our home. We use this wood for building and doing random projects. I saw on Pinterest a photo of a pallet painted to look like the American flag and knew that was one project I wanted to do. 

The pin: 


Our creation: 


Super easy to do. First I bought some paint from Home Depot in the shades I wanted, as well as some paintbrushes. I primed the whole thing with primer (we had some leftover from painting the house....you could just use your white paint) to get a clean base and then got to painting! You can see that the wider pieces of wood I did a red AND white stripe on and the thinner pieces I did just one stripe color. Sammy made a star stencil for me using a piece of cardboard and I used a pencil to trace the stars on and then paint them white. It did take a few coats, so be patient. After all my stars were done, I used a little paintbrush and went back with blue and touched up any mishaps I had with the white. 

My plan was to just lean it up against our porch, but it looks great hanging up on our new shop addition (which I still need to blog about!!). I love it. I'm going to make another one, a bit different, for Sammy to hang up inside the shop. 

With love,
Mama Hauck


No comments:

Post a Comment