.

.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Go For It!

I feel like I am always thinking to myself, "Slow down, baby! You're growing too fast!" And then I sit there and dwell on how quickly my children grow and change and how I wish I could stop time and I get all sad and mopey.  

I hate that......being all sad and mopey. 

It's not that I don't celebrate every new discovery and my children's growth, because I most certainly do. I am always on the sidelines cheering them on, encouraging, and celebrating. I am always so proud with each new skill they learn and delight in watching them grow in every way. It's just that I always have this bittersweet feeling as well and it's hard for me to not get wrapped up in it. The fact that there is no going back in time and no keeping my children little makes me so sad and gets me all choked up. 

Being able to catch these fun growing and changing moments on video helps quiet that bittersweet feeling. I'm able to go back and relive a special moment again and again. This helps me be more present and focus much more on the cheering, encouraging, and celebrating. 

I still want my children to slow down and stop growing so fast......time passes far to quickly.....but knowing I have captured a special moment on camera via photo or video helps me to say, "Go for it" much more frequently. I like that.





You are amazing, little Timothy! Look at you mastering kicking a ball and figuring out the slide! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment