.

.

Friday, July 26, 2013

Goldendale Fire Season

Almost exactly two years ago there was a fire near our home, it was called the Monastery Fire as it started near a Monastery just outside of Goldendale. I remember it so clearly because at the same time we were wondering if we were going to have to evacuate, we found out we were pregnant and were celebrating the new life growing in my belly. 


We currently have another fire burning here near Goldendale, called the Mile Marker 28 Fire. This is just one of many that have already burned here in the Columbia Gorge area so far this fire season. This fire is in the same general area as the one from two years ago, but it has not grown close to us as the other one had. I think we will remain in the clear, though honestly anything is possible with the winds we get here. My friend and her family have been evacuated as it's right by her place.

(This is not my photo....credit goes Here )

(This IS my photo....taken from my yard.)

We are going to continue with our plans to head for the coast this morning. I've been looking forward to our beach trip since the day we got back from our beach trip last year! Grandma Hauck is going to stay home and watch the animals for us and will stay up to date on the fire. We'll come home if need be, but I think all will be well for us. Excited for the beach! See ya!

With love,
Mama Hauck


No comments:

Post a Comment