.

.

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Timothy's 1st Birthday (May 11th)

My little man is officially one year old. It was hard, but I made it through his birthday without crying, lol. The day wasn't void of tears though....despite it being his birthday, Timothy was having a rough day. Teething pain was getting the best of him and if he wasn't in his Mama, Papa, or Grandma's arms....or at least within arms reach, then he was crying. Boo.

The morning was pretty mellow. Sugar Plum woke up at 5, so after feeding him, I brought him to our bed so Sammy and I could get in some cuddle time. He typically doesn't fall back asleep, but he did that morning so I left him in bed to snuggle with his Papa while I hopped in the shower and started all my cleaning and party set up. When Timothy woke back up, he was a sweety and helped me frost his birthday cupcakes! :)


His party was a great success! My mom had gotten in earlier in the week to be there, we had a few friends come with their kiddos, and even my two aunts drove up from the Island for the day. We had a great feast....hot dogs, burgers, brown beans, green salad, chips and dip, fruit cabbobs, veggie platter, punch, soda, beer....and lastly birthday cupcakes! 


Timothy did VERY well opening up his gifts! I thought he would feel overwhelmed and scared with all the commotion, but he was a happy boy and really got into it. He got some summer hats, a beach towel, a few sets of pajamas, some shirts and overalls, diapers, some snacks, and a handful of toys. Sweet!!


Right after opening gifts we all sang happy birthday and Timothy (ok....Mama, Papa, Anthony, and Molly) blew out the candle. Timothy insisted on trying to reach for the flame so it was a quick blow out, lol. If I had been thinking, I would have put him in his highchair so he could have gone at the cupcake like he wanted, but there was so much going on I just didn't think about it....so I ended up with an angry baby on my lap as I tried to let him enjoy his cupcake without making a huge mess.


The rest of the evening was spent playing. The guys enjoyed a few games of horseshoes and beer, the gals enjoyed some conversation and drinks, and all the kids were running around playing trying to burn off their sugar highs. Goody bags were given out and slowly the crowd dwindled down to just a few. My little birthday boy was able to make it to 8:30 before he decided his eyes just could not stay open one second longer.


Sweet boy. What a great first birthday! Love you Cutie Bum!


With love,
Mama Hauck

1 comment: