.

.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Trip Back "Home"

This past Friday we drove up to Whidbey Island for the weekend. This is where Sam and I met and use to live. It's always so bittersweet when we head back to where our story all began.....I don't like driving past our house, it makes me real sad......just because I miss the Island and it holds a lot of good memories for us. It was our first home and will always hold a special place in my heart.

Anyway, we made the trip for my Grandfather's 75th surprise birthday party. The party on Saturday went really well. We showed up early to help my Mom and Aunt decorate and I couldn't wait to stuff my face with food, haha. The party was held in a banquet room at a Chinese buffet and the sesame chicken was calling my name! It was great to see all my extended family for a bit and my Grandpa seemed to have a great time, so all in all the party was a great success!

During our weekend on the Island we stayed with my friend Jamie and her family. Anth and Mols had such a blast playing with Jamie's kids. Sam and I were even able to go out Saturday evening with some friends, as well as my cousin and his wife, for dinner and some drinks. Oh gosh it was so fun and very much needed. We had such a great time!! .....though I for sure payed for it Sunday morning. *sigh* 

Before we hit the road Sunday afternoon, we dropped Mols off with my Mom at my Aunt's house. She and my Mom headed back to CA shortly after we left and now my little Miss Molly will be with her Grandma in CA for a few.....weeks. Waaahh! I'm already missing her and we're only 2 days in! But this time away from home will be great for Molly and getting that one on one time with Grandma will be awesome and special for her. 

We were going to head straight home from the Island on Sunday, but decided to pay Sam's Godmother a visit. We swung in there late afternoon and soon after decided we'd spend the night. I'm so glad we did....we hadn't seen his Godmother or her husband in almost a year (usually we go every 3-4 months, but we haven't been able to this past year) and it was great to visit, even minus Molly. We had chili for dinner and later we made a run to Coldstone for some delicious ice cream and then capped off the night by watching Bridesmaids. Monday morning we took our time heading out and made a few shopping trips on the drive home. It was such a great weekend away....always good to get out of the house every once in a while! 

Now it's back to the grind, minus one kiddo. While Mols might be done with school and gone for a bit, Anthony doesn't get out until June 14th and I've got some photo shoots coming up...so still busy busy over here. Not quiet ready for those summer months yet! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the new header pic. So cute. It's tough to visit old homes and towns...I know! I'm avoiding taking a road trip to NY...still tooo fresh for me! :) Glad you had fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Have to update it whenever we take new family photos! :)

    Oh yes, I can imagine! You haven't been gone for TOO long yet. It's always so bitter sweet.

    ReplyDelete