.

.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ready For V-Day

I love being a Mama!! Everything you enjoyed and loved as a kid just comes rushing back into your life when you have your own kiddos. Like making valentines. SO MUCH FUN!! The kids had such a great time picking out the Valentine cards and assembling the little goodie bags. Molly picked out Hello Kitty and Anthony picked out Spongebob. I picked up little clear goodie bags with twist ties, some assorted candy, and Valentine pencils. Super simple, yet super fun Valentines! 

For the teachers, I got the idea from Pinterest to make little candy "tackle boxes." The kids helped pick out some candy, gum, tissues, and hand sanitizer. I love how they turned out and I'm sure Anthony and Molly's teachers will love them as well! 

Anth and Mols can hardly wait for tomorrow. They're both having parties at school and I'm so excited for them. I can't wait to see all the Valentines they bring home! 


The kiddos and I also put together some fun snacks for Papa to take to work tomorrow. There's a banana that says, "You drive me bananas!" an orange that says, "Orange you glad you're our Papa!?" an apple that says, "You are the apple of my eye!" some recees pieces that says, "I love you to pieces!" some sweedish fish that says, "You're the only fish in the sea for me!" and finally some smarties that says, "You sure are a sweetie!" 

LOL!!


I also thought it'd be nice to make some goodies for Sam to take to work to share. I made these cute heart shaped rice krispie treats and then homemade peanut butter cups. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but the peanut butter cups are seriously DELICIOUS and I am pretty impressed with myself that I didn't screw them up. They were actually very easy to make, but I'm not the greatest of cooks, so even pulling off something that is easy is a major win for me! haha If you'd like the recipe, go HERE. You won't regret it. YUM!! I hope the guys at work like the goodies!!


When the kids get home and Sam gets off work, we'll have our own Valentine's Day celebration. I'm going to make chicken-bacon-ranch casserole. Check out that recipe HERE. I'm excited! We'll also give the kiddos a few goodies and gifts to cap off the day. 

And then.....dentist on Friday! LOL!! Here's some candy just in time for the dentist! :)

With love,
Mama Hauck

2 comments:

  1. Super cute idea for the teachers! I looked everywhere (and by everywhere, I mean the Valentine section at Target) for Hello Kitty Valentines and they didn't have them! Piper is super into Hello Kitty right now but we ended up with Tinkerbell ones and she seemed content. She was so excited to fill them out and give them to her friends!
    I'm going to have to try to make those peanut butter cups, they look pretty amazing and we love peanut butter in this house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They were fun to make! Aww bummer you couldn't find Hello Kitty at Target, lol. I got them at Fred Meyers. Do you have Freddie's in CA? YES...make the peanut butter cups!! Super easy and they are soooooooo good. I've already made them a second time!

    ReplyDelete