.

.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

My Big, Brave Boy.

Last night Anthony and I prepped his school lunch together.  Applesauce, grapes, cheese crackers, and a juice box.


I awoke early this morning, not ready at all for this day. Papa took the morning off so he could spend time with Anthony, helping him get ready (and helping me stay sane). While they worked on breakfast and getting dressed, I finished making his lunch. A turkey sandwich and cheese stick finished off our lunch prep from the night before.


I was excited to take some photos of my little man on his first day of Kindergarten. Yesterday we worked on a sign for him to hold and on the back I asked him a whole bunch of questions for him to answer. I'll do this every day for his first day of school photos. It will be bittersweet watching him grow. He's such a handsome boy! 


After photos in the front yard, it was time to drive the 3 miles down to the bus stop. Anthony was very excited! Earlier in the morning I had given him a rock. I called it the Brave Rock and told him to put it in his pocket. I said whenever he got lonely or scared at school, he could pull out his brave rock and think of Mama and Papa and then he'd feel better. He liked that very much and shoved it deep in his shorts pocket. He was incredibly sweet waiting for the bus. All of my worries about him being scared, shy, and teary eyed were for nothing. He was happy and full of excitement. He was being so brave! It made me laugh when he asked about bringing his booster seat on the bus, haha, because I had a feeling he would ask me that! Papa and I explained to him that you didn't need booster seats on the bus.


The bus came and Anthony gave no second thoughts about getting on. Our friend Jenna, who lives on our road, was nice enough to sit next to Anthony and help him with his seat belt. And then he was off. Off on a big boy bus going to big boy school. No whining, no crying. Not even a little hint of nervousness.


It wasn't until I got home and looked at all the photos that I could feel the tears welling up.  I wonder what he's doing right now. Is he having fun? Did he eat all his lunch? I miss him. Does he miss me?

I think I need a brave rock.

With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment