.

.

Friday, May 25, 2012

Hello There Bowflex!

It's been 10 months since I've been able to use my Bowflex and my back and shoulders have definitely suffered. I'm really looking forward to starting my routine back up (tomorrow!!) to keep my back pain in check (if you recall, caused by my scoliosis). Last year, due to my lovely Bowflex machine, was the first year I knew what it was like to live without back and shoulder pain since middle school. It was fantastic. I would have kept up a mild exercise routine during my pregnancy had I not been experiencing my bleeding complications. 

I always say that having a baby is the fastest way to loose 10+ pounds! Haha ;) Loosing that initial baby and water weight is typically easy. It's those last pounds that can be difficult. Not to mention trying to wait patiently for all the stretched out skin to tighten back up. With Anthony and Molly it took me about a year to get back to where I was pre-pregnancy....but I also didn't really do anything to try to loose the weight. I've been pleasantly surprised this time around with how quickly things have shrunk back down and how quickly I've lost a fair amount of baby weight. I gained the same amount of weight as I did with Anth and Mols, though I don't feel like I got as big belly wise this time (and no new stretch marks! Hooray!). Is breastfeeding the trick to faster weight loss?

Not only will using my Bowflex help with my back pain, but it will help do the job of getting my body back to where it was pre-pregnancy. I don't think there is a Mama out there that doesn't want that!

Here are my weight stats:

Pre-pregnancy weight: 98
Final pregnancy weight (05-11-12): 123
Total pregnancy weight gain: 25lbs

Weight 1 week postpartum (05-18-12): 111
Weight 2 weeks postpartum (05-25-12): 106

I meant to take a photo of my postpartum belly during the first week, but you know, I was a little too busy, lol. So here is a photo of my postpartum belly 2 weeks out (please excuse the poor self shot photos in my dirty mirror!):


Wish me luck! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

2 comments:

  1. Has it really been ten months already?? Bring on the gun show!

    I've absolutely loved being able to follow along with your pregnancy through photos Becca, it's been a beautiful experience and a first for me. Missed Anthony and Molly but at least I got to see Timothy grow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it has....seems like forever ago, but at the same time it feels like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant. Time moves slow while you're living it....it's not until you look back that you realize you blinked and the time is gone.

    ReplyDelete