.

.

Monday, May 7, 2012

38 Weeks

Your baby in week 38 of pregnancy

Only two more weeks (or plus two more, max) before your baby makes his appearance. And what an adorable appearance that will be! Your little one isn't so little anymore — weighing in at close to seven pounds and hitting the height charts at the 21-inch mark (or less). As you prepare (best you can) for baby's ETA, he is also getting ready, big time. Vernix and lanugo continue to shed from your baby's body into the amniotic fluid. Your baby swallows that amniotic fluid (yum yum?) and some of it winds up in his intestines where it — along with other shed cells, bile, and other waste products (triple yum) — will turn into your baby's first bowel movement (meconium) and perhaps your first diaper change. 

 Your baby's lungs continue to mature as more and more surfactant is secreted (remember — it helps prevent the lungs from sticking to each other when your baby begins to breathe…definitely a good thing). At 38 weeks pregnant, all systems, almost go! 



My belly info:
Week: 38
Starting weight: 98
Weight now: 124
Fundal height (measurement, in centimeters, of uterus....usually round abouts equivalent to your gestation week): I'm posting this before I have my weekly midwife appointment, so I don't know what it is this week. 


Things of note:

The full moon this past weekend didn't work for me. Bums. I'm starting to feel impatient and I hate that! I've done so well until now.  Just 13 more days till me due date of May 20th! When will he come? All I think about is having this baby.....pretty much every second of every day, lol. I think it's so hard to be patient because I have NOTHING left to do to prep for Timothy's arrival. EVERYTHING is done and ready to go, so I'm left sitting here twiddling my thumbs and it makes the time pass sooooo slowly. Curse my non-procrastinating ways!! Waiting is seriously the hardest and worst part of pregnancy! Every morning I wake up and get ready like it's going to be Baby Day. At night when I take my makeup off, I tell Sam, "Ok, makeup is off, no baby till after I shower in the morning!" LOL

I'm also feeling a little sad and worried. Anthony and all his classmates are putting on a super special Mother's Day breakfast and tea party for all the Mamas this Saturday morning (the 12th) at 9. Obviously I won't be able to attend that if I'm in labor or if I have Baby here in the next couple of days. We also have his graduation ceremony next Wednesday evening (the 16th). What if I can't make it to that because I'm in labor or have Baby in the days before hand? *sigh* It's hard not knowing when he'll make his arrival. And these events are really important to Anthony. I know he'll eventually understand if I can't make it to them, but I'll feel awful because he is seriously SO excited. Just this morning he was sitting in the living room practicing one of the songs they're going to sing to us at the Mother's Day tea party. *cries* 

Physically I'm hanging in there. I'm tired (oh soooo tired!!!). I'm achy all over....especially my back and ribs. I'm getting random BH and contractions, mostly at night when I'm in bed. I feel like I'm starving all the time, but can't eat more than a little bit at a time. Boo.  And I pee every 30 minutes, I swear.

Will this week be the week?? I'm thinking I'm going to do up a "I'm In Labor!" or a "Baby is Here!!" post that I can quickly have put up for me when the time comes. Don't want to leave ya'll hanging in all the excitement! I'm sure you'd assume that my absence means it's baby time....but still it would be nice to give ya'lls a heads up when I wont be posting for a bit. I know you all will miss me. ;)

Pics!

With love,
Mama Hauck

2 comments:

  1. I'm just as ready as you are!! It will be baby time before we know it, and then we will have three children crying about being hungry or thirsty, or wanting to ride the swing or motorbike, or ride the horse. More messes to pick up, more dishes to do, and all that fun stuff. I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!

    Love you honey!! Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting to hear the good news! Those last few weeks went by soooo slow for me. Enjoy this time and try to get some rest (I know it's impossible)! Cute belly pic. Good job mama!

    ReplyDelete