.

.

Monday, April 2, 2012

The Sickness

I'm not really one to bitch or whine TOO much.....however....

I'M SICK and OH SO MISERABLE!

WAAAHH!!!!

Last Tuesday and Wednesday it was the food poisoning and contractions. Luckily my midwife had an all natural cure for that. Thursday I felt ok, but come Friday I could feel the beginnings of a sickness coming on. Since Friday I've felt like death. On and off fever, body aches, stuffed up head, stuffy and runny nose, head aches, and a persistent cough that is going to make me hack up a lung. The aches and pains of pregnancy are bad enough without all this added BS on top. And I'm paranoid about taking things while pregnant, so other than a Tylenol here or there, I pretty much sit and suffer. 

Molly is sick now too. She's had a cough for a few days and last night woke up crying and miserable. I eventually had to lay up on the couch with her so Papa and Anthony could sleep normally. Poor thing moaned and squirmed around in her fever misery all night and I got no sleep. :( All I can say is I'm glad it's Spring Break for Anthony. I really need the break from taking him to school.

On top of the food poisoning, contractions, and killer cold, I lost part, if not all, of my mucus plug yesterday. If you don't know what that is, I'm not going to explain it so just CLICK HERE. From all the reading I've done, I know it doesn't mean labor is imminent and is very likely to be weeks away, but I'm only 33 weeks now so it freaks me out a bit. Especially with the contractions I had last week, Timothy dropping, and just how awfully uncomfortable and miserable I've been. Loosing my mucus plug is a sure sign that I've at least begun, if not already been in the full swing, of dilating. I HAVE TO MAKE IT TO 37 WEEKS if I want my home birth! Anything before then and it's home birth plan out the window...which I can live with....but I hate being fearful of preterm labor and the thought of having my little one in the NICU for any reason. 

Maybe I'm just being paranoid. I wrote my friend this morning and told her it would be hilarious if after all this worry I wound up making it to or going over my due date, lol. I'm waiting to hear back from my midwife. Hopefully she can put some worry out of my mind and reassure me everything is ok. 

You know it's funny....with Anthony's pregnancy I had no worries at all. Even though at one point in the very beginning I was hospitalized from being so ill and a lot of my family swore up and down I'd loose him. Maybe it was because I was naive in the beginning and didn't know what to expect or all the things that could go wrong. I simply held no worry in my heart. By the time I was pregnant with Molly, I'd been down the block and I knew what worry was! I fretted about things I never had with Anthony. And with Timothy, it's like a worry bomb went off. I've talked with countless other Mamas and they all seem to be the other way. It's the first time Mamas that are filled with questions and worry and the veteran Mamas that are mellow and go with the flow. Ahh, maybe I've done too much reading in my 5 years of Motherhood. Sometimes with extra knowledge comes extra worry!

Anyway, thanks for letting me bitch, whine, and worry. 

Oh! And here's a photo of sick Mols on the couch. Boo! You wont see a photo of sick me, lol.

With love,
Mama Hauck


1 comment:

  1. Aw I hope you girls get better soon! Funny I had never heard of a mucus plug until I saw an episode of Bones tonight and here you are mentioning it. I think as nervewracking as it may be that it'll work out. You had some terrible scares in the beginning but you and Timothy pulled through, I'm sure you'll be okay Becca. :)

    ReplyDelete