.

.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Just Another Sweet Photo

Of my adorable little gal napping. ;)


Guess what we woke up to this morning? Starts with "s" and rhymes with "makes me want to cry each time I see it...." Ugh. I knew the weather was going to be cold and rainy and not nice this whole week, but snow just makes me shake my head with grave disappointment in Mother Nature. I took Anthony to school this morning and am hoping the snow stops soon. There's always much more here at my place than in town.

In other news, this weekend I definitely kicked butt in the cleaning department. Being slightly OCD and having that pregnancy "nesting" urge can make for a heck of a combination. My microwave has never looked more clean. The same goes for....my whole house. There's not a room or surface that wasn't touched by my cleaning frenzy. We were watching that show, "My Strange Addiction" last night on TLC and Sam says to me, "I'm lucky that your only addiction is cleanliness." HAHA! Very true. The weather held out for us on Saturday so Sam likewise kicked butt with yard work and tidying up outside. The kids were a big help to from what I hear. I'd say it was a very successful weekend indeed. Though going at it for 5 + hours on Saturday meant I refused to move form the couch yesterday....unless it was to get myself some food. Haha  

Our friend Nic from Sacramento should be getting here tomorrow night instead of Wednesday night.  So that's cool! As I mentioned before, he'll be staying with us for about a week to visit and help me out a bit. I told him that I put painting Molly's room on his list of things "to do" while here. Sammy primed the room already so now the guys just have to paint it the purdy shade of baby blue I picked out. I'll be sure to take photos once it's all done. Wednesday or Thursday I think we'll go shopping at Home Depot and Fred Meyers while Sammy is at work. I'm looking forward to not having to push the shopping cart, lol. I've got to get the kids new bathing suits because our town pool opens (it's covered in the cooler months, yay!) this Saturday on St. Patty's day and it's in our plans to take the kids for a swim.  And lets not forget this Friday is Anthony's special preschool Leprechaun parade in town. Sam is taking Friday off from work so he'll be able to come with us and cheer Anthony on from the sidewalk. Excited! This week should be a swell one, despite the unpleasant weather. 

Sorry for making this post soooo long.....but I also wanted to mention that my best friend's Grandmother, whom I mentioned was ill and in hospital a few posts back, passed away last Thursday. She called to tell me Thursday afternoon and I tried my best to comfort her a bit while we cried on the phone together. It's incredibly frustrating to be 3,000 miles apart and not to be able to be by my friend's side. You can only do and say so much over the phone. *sigh* Her Grandmother's service was today. Please keep my friend and her family in your prayers. I know her Grandmother was very much loved and while all loss is painful, this one in particular stings and the family could use all the good thoughts they can get.



With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment