.

.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Exceptional Weekend

Holy smokes did this weekend turn out to be an exceptionally swell one!

Saturday afternoon I heard from a close friend of mine that she and her husband are expecting their 2nd child! Hooray! Friends' good news puts me in a good mood. I'm extremely excited for them! She is due in the fall and I'm looking forward to our little ones being only months apart! They might use the midwife I'm using too if they can get on her schedule, so that'd be cool. Either way, even though I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy and she's just in the beginning of hers, it's nice to have that one more thing in common to talk about. :)

My gal pal and her family that moved away last October made a surprise visit to town. We went out to dinner with them Saturday night and then headed on over to another friend's house where more people were waiting to hang out in celebration of their surprise visit. Not only was it nice to get out of the house and go out to dinner, but it was nice to see old friend whom I hadn't seen in months 'Cause I'm a hermit crab and basically only leave the house to take Anthony to school! Well, that and sometimes friend situations change when you get pregnant, you know? Life goes on as normal for everyone else....get togethers happen, the same hilarious stories are told, and booze gets guzzled.....without you. 

We had a good time. Dinner out was delicious and seeing everyone was super nice. Our kids and their kids played and crashed after watching a movie on the floor. Darts were played, I got to catch up with my friends, and everyone loved my belly.


Sunday the gray skies parted and the sun made an appearance! At the height of the day our thermometer said 60* It was BEAUTIFUL out!! After a breakfast of eggs and bacon, we all headed outside to play and do some barn work. Sam had a bunch of poop scooping to do, lol, and I wanted to sweep and tidy up the tack room as well as put fresh shavings down in Nik's stall. When we were done with that, Sammy and I brushed Nik and saddled him up so Sam could ride a bit. I was definitely jealous! I wont ride while pregnant as Nik can be on the frisky side and I don't want to take that chance. He was very well behaved though and I think just happy to have company and be worked. By the time we were done playing with Nik we were both covered in dirt and hair, haha. He's beginning to shed pretty badly!

We ended the day with a trip into town to check the mail, get a Redbox Movie (Kung Fu Panda 2 for the kids and Cowboys and Aliens for us), and pick up a few pizzas and chicken wings. Just what my pregnant belly wanted. ;)




This past weekend has me dreaming of spring and summer time where I'm holding my newborn baby boy, sitting on my front porch sipping a lemonade, while watching my kiddos play with bubbles!



With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment