.

.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Just For Funsies....Week 22

I thought every couple of weeks or so I would post the baby development info from the What To Expect website that correlates to whatever week I'm in. I go there every once in a while to read up on the baby's growth. It's fun to see how the baby is developing. I'm currently in my 22nd week!

Your Baby in Week 22 of Pregnancy

This week, your baby weighs in at a whopping pound and measures nearly eight inches, about the size of a small doll. But your little doll (who now has eyebrows, eyelashes, and maybe even some hair on that little head) is a living one who can now perceive light and dark. She can also hear your voice, your heartbeat, your gurgling stomach, and the whoosh-whoosh of blood circulating through your body. And as her brain and nerve endings develop, she may reach for her face (or whatever she can reach) just to experiment with her new found sense of touch. 



My baby belly info:

Week: 22
Starting weight: 98
Weight now: 110
Fundal height (measurement, in centimeters, of uterus.....usually round abouts equivalent to your gestational week): 22
Baby Heart Beat: 144

Things of note:
I'm definitely loving my belly. The 2nd trimester is the best because you've got the cute belly, but you're not a huge whale yet, lol. However, I'm not loving the accompanied love handles and thunder thighs, haha! That's where all my weight goes. At the end it'll show in my face, ugh! Like a little chipmunk, lol! 

The cold weather, in combination with my beloved hot showers, is not doing my skin any good. I'm so itchy!!! A few weeks ago I broke out my bio oil and I religiously slather my belly and sides with it and everywhere else with lotion. Definitely relieves my dry skin and the verdict is still out on whether it really honestly helps with stretch marks. Though in my opinion, I don't think it really does. I used bio oil with Anth and Mols and I still got stretch marks. If you're gonna get them, you're gonna get them. I think it's more of a skin type/genetic thing. You can slather bio oil on you all day every day and still get them, while the next gal wont do a dang thing and she wont get them. But, you know, it also doesn't hurt to just go ahead and use it. Makes my skin feel all soft.

I've also been having acid reflux issues now. :( One of the worst pregnancy issues in my opinion. I'll get it so bad it makes me throw up. Gross. So Tums have become my best friend. 

I haven't said much of anything about it for a while....but still bleeding. Remember all the bleeding drama I talked about a lot in the beginning of my pregnancy? It's still around. :( I pray every day it will stop and stay gone. *sigh* 

And now the best part! A few belly pics! ;)  


With love,
Mama Hauck

2 comments: