.

.

Monday, November 21, 2011

My Sweet Pilgrim

Today Sammy took a few hours off from work this morning and we headed to Anthony's preschool Thanksgiving gathering. It was fantastic!! All the parents had to find their kiddo's hand made turkey place mat and sit down at that table. There was a "turkey foot" pin that I put on :) and a paper plate turkey the kids made at the tables as well. The ones Anthony made were soooo sweet. I got all choked up when I saw his sweet little hand print made into a turkey. He also made a "I'm thankful" coloring and he wrote...."I'm thankful for my Mama and Papa and my Sister. And for the deer. And for the turkey and fish to eat. And for coloring." HAHAHAHA Too cute.


The kids came out in their costumes....some pilgrims and the others turkeys....and headed to the front of the room where they sang a few songs. Ohhh gosh it was so sweet. Anthony even sang too, which actually surprised me, but I was very glad to see!! He was so cute standing up there in his pilgrim costume. He kept waving at us, lol.


Once the kids were done with their songs, they went and sat down with their parents. Anthony was so excited to see us! I think he had forgotten we were going to have a little gathering that morning. The teachers layed out the food and we all lined up and then chowed down. Little meat sandwiches, apples, carrots, Hershey kisses, and apple juice. The parents helped supply the food. Earlier last week there was a sign up sheet to volunteer to buy some food and help out.  I donated two bags of carrots and they were mighty tasty dipped in ranch dressing. We ate and mingled and Anthony even let me ware his noodle necklace. :) We had a great time and it was so fun to see Anthony in action. I loved it.


In other news, we got a fair amount of snow Friday night! 5-6 inches round abouts. Anthony wanted to go out and play in it soooo bad, but his old snowsuit didn't fit him. So perfect excuse to drive an hour to The Dalles to get him a new suit and do a little grocery and Christmas shopping while we were at it. We made it home just in time to let the kids play outside for an hour or so before it got dark. 


Sunday I spent most the day packing. We leave tomorrow afternoon to head to my mom's place in CA for Thanksgiving. Our thoughtful and trusty neighbors will be watching the horse and dogs for us. I don't know what we would do without them! We're excited to head out tomorrow, though not looking forward to the actual drive. It's a good 10-12 hour trek. Ugh. We'll be packing lots of snacks and making sandwiches so other than stopping for potty breaks, we wont have to stop and spend money on food. It'll be nice to get out of the house, I'm just crossing my fingers I feel well the whole time we're gone. I've been doing good with the headaches and nausea recently, so lets hope it stays that way! Wednesday I am finally getting my hair done! I'm stoked! My mom made me an appointment with her hair lady. Definitely looking forward to that. And turkey. And biscuits. Mmmmmm

And one last update! Mols is now onto sticker sheet number two!! She's done really well with the potty training. There are accidents every day, but that's to be expected. She's averaging 4-5 times going on the potty and that's pretty dang good in my book. She gets all excited when she goes, haha, it's cute. I must admit, I am EXHAUSTED. Just plain 'ol tired of getting up a million times to put her on the potty when she says she has to go. For every 5 times I put her on, she only actually goes once. But ehh, comes with the potty training territory. Hopefully we will have continued success while we're gone away from home. Here's a pic of her first completed sticker chart!


I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving week! 

With love,
Mama Hauck

3 comments:

  1. Love this, Anthony's a handsome little guy in that outfit.

    Way to go Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no snow here yet! Anth looks adorable, I'm so glad he's loving school

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    No snow here anymore. But I don't think it'll be long till it comes back. I'm glad he's loving school too!!

    ReplyDelete