.

.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Baby Names

Any Mama will tell you it is NEVER too early to compile a list of your favorite baby names when expecting. :) You make a list and your partner winds up hating every single name on that list, so you trash it and start over. You make a list and then meet someone with the same name as one on your list and then instead of loving the name, you hate it. You make a list and run it by friends and family. Instead of being told it's a lovely list of names and getting positive input, you're told your list is ok, but really you should name the baby after your Grandma Gertrude because she would have loved that.

LOL!!!

It can sometimes take forever to pick out that perfect name. And don't even get me started on middle names! I have two middle names and Molly's are the same as mine - Lynn Elizabeth. If we have another girl, she'll have two middles names as well (would it be wrong to have her have the SAME middle names as Mols and I? Is that TOO many Lynn Elizabeths?) Last week I told Sam I have a feeling we are having a boy. With every pregnancy I have "just had that feeling" and I was right both times. We never found out with Anthony until his birth, but I just knew I was having a boy. We found out by way of ultrasound for Molly at about 20 weeks, but before we even did I just knew I was having a girl. It'll be interesting to see if I'm right this time around too. Though.....I wouldn't be sad if I were proven wrong as I'm hoping for another little gal. ;)

Sammy and I each have our own list of top names (mine longer than his!). It'll take much more discussion between the two of us to finally settle on the one that is perfect for our little one. Sometimes you honestly just don't know until you see your baby and then the right name just hits you like a ton of bricks.

Sam's top names: Samuel Charles
                                    Jolene (?)

My top names: Thomas Dean (Sam likes Timothy as the mid name.)
                               Daniel Lane
                               Delilah Dixie Ray (I have my heart set on this one!)
                               Joscelin (?)
                               Joesphine (?)

I wish it were time to have my ultrasound to find out the sex! The suspense is a killer. I'm in my 12th week!

With love,
Mama Hauck
                                                          

3 comments:

  1. I am 17 weeks and the wait is killing me to find out he sex. Hold out! The time will fly by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I knew you had another bun in the oven! :) I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm partial to Josephine. :) Or Veronica, of course!

    I do love Delilah!

    P.S. I replied back to your dream comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete