.

.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Cops and Kitties and Sailors, Oh My!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! ;)


Here are the individual jello cups with gummy worms that I made for Anthony and his class mates last Friday. He was so excited to share his special snack with the class. I asked his teacher when I picked him up from school how the kids liked them and she said it was a hit. Yay!


I wasn't feeling very well at all Friday morning. It was a struggle to get Anthony to school, but there was no way he was going to miss it. It was his special line leader day! By noon time I was feeling better, just tired. Never the less, I had to get things rolling for the pumpkin carving shindig that started at 6! I had a gal pal come early at 5 to help me finish the food prep and it was a good thing she did. By the time she got there I was so nauseous I had to have her do ALL of the finishing food prep, lol. People showed up right on time and everyone chowed down (except me!). Then it was pumpkin carving time! We sprawled out on the living room floor and got to work! The kids had a GREAT time and it was so fun to watch them. I meant to take pics of all my sweet decorations and the food spread, but completely forgot. Ahh well.
I'm so glad everyone had a great time. And even though I wasn't feeling the best, the night was a great success! Hooray! 


Trunk or Treat! Saturday was a loooooong day. Sammy had the kids outside with him doing random projects most of the day. I took that opportunity to rest up. At 5 is was time to get the kiddos dressed up and head out for the Trunk or Treat. I can not explain to you how EXCITED they were to get into their costumes!! hahaha Ohhhhh we had so much fun! We walked up and down main street trick or treating from the cars parked there. It was sweet watching my babies have so much fun. Everyone loved Anthony's costume and thought Molly was the cutest little gal. I'd have to agree. ;) The kids got a fair amount of candy and were more than willing to head home as it was pretty cold out!


Originally the plan was to drop Sammy off at our friend's Halloween party and I was going to have a quiet evening with the kids because we failed to find a babysitter. However, the party hosts told us we were more than welcome to bring the kids with us, even though it was an adult only party, because they love the kids and are so well behaved. It was very kind of them to allow us to do that and I was STOKED because other than being slightly tired, I felt great! We got back to the house from Trunk or Treating at 7 and left for the party at 8. 

We had a great time! Our friends did an outstanding job decorating both the outside and inside of their home. The snacks were delicious and cleverly displayed. The kids were extremely well behaved and all the party goers thought they were sweet. Sam dressed up in his old Navy uniform and I wore a black jumpsuit I had back from high school, haha, and topped it with a tie. Knocked-up gangster? Everyone there had great costumes and it was nice to get out of the house and be among people and actually feel good. Come 11 the kids and I were getting pretty pooped out so we headed for home. If we hadn't had the kids with us and if I weren't pregnant, I would have tore that party up. I <3 Halloween.


We did not do family photos yesterday like I had wanted. I was tired, booo. I hope we can gather ourselves together to do them soon! I want to do it when the leaves are all still pretty. 

Today Anthony got to wear his Halloween costume to school. On the way to school he informed me that, "All the kids are going to think I'm cool!" HAHA It'll be sweet to see all the kids in their costumes when I go to pick him up here in a while. 

I don't think we'll be going out trick or treating tonight. I'd like to, but I'm not sure I'm up for walking around down town to get more candy that we don't need. So instead I think when Sam gets home we'll eat dinner then see about having a bon fire outside so we can roast some marshmallows. :) Then we'll put the kiddos to bed and stay up to watch a scary movie while we enjoy the last evening with our sweet Halloween decorations up. ;) 

Have a Happy Halloween everyone!

With love,
Mama Hauck

2 comments:

  1. Great photos as always, looks like you guys are having a great time overall (except for you not feeling great).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. :) Yes, the kids had a good time.

    ReplyDelete