.

.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Outside Projects/Barn update


Sammy and I created a rock border between the grass and gravel of our driveway. For my birthday I had gotten plants for in front of the house. They don't look like much now, I know, but they will eventually be big and beautiful with time.....if I can keep the damn pesky deer away from them! Sam found two big 'ol wagon wheels on the side of the road and we placed them next to our two large wooden planters. We didn't have the money to get plants for the planters, so we just filled them up with dirt and I put my pretty driftwood and rocks from the coast in them.


Now for the lean-to turned barn! We originally planned for it to be a simple 3 sided lean-to (with the front being open) with an overhang off the side for hay storage. But with more thinking and planning and budgeting, our lean-to has turned into a barn, complete with closed off tack room. YAY! There is still a lot to do, but we have gotten SO MUCH done. Thank goodness for my neighbor Leonard. If not for him helping Sam, we'd still have nothing but a shack frame. It's so much work to do on your own, especially after working a full day at work, and I can only help Sam so much. So we are thankful we have someone like Leonard willing to help out! As you can see the left side is the tack room/hay storage.  We just have to finish the left side wall and door of the tack room. The actual stall is on the right. There will be a door in the back we still have to put in and half the front of the stall will have a wall as well. Slowly but surely we are making progress!


And just for funsies, here's a photo of the porcupine quills I pulled out of Nik's lip last week. Not very big, but still a PAIN to get out. 


With love,
Mama Hauck

No comments:

Post a Comment