.

.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'm Not Prepared.

I feel like I've dropped the ball this year. We don't have Easter egg dye or stuffs to fill the Easter eggs for the kids' egg hunt. I have no idea what we're having for dinner or doing during the day. Usually I have all the goods and all the plans worked out a month in advance! I'm running out of time now, so I'm thinking simple day of baskets, egg hunt, outside play? And for dinner smoke a ham? Jello, green beans, pasta salad? Our friends we had wanted to invite over for the day aren't able to come. So looks like it will just be a Hauck thing this year!

I do have the baskets out and the kids have a chocolate bunny (they get one every year) in theirs along with some jelly beans. We got them each a ball for outside play (Anthony's blue, Molly's pink) and a matching frisbee that the Easter Bunny will deliver Sunday morning. We also got Anthony a little bat and ball set and the two of them a kid's memory match game the Easter Bunny will also have waiting for them. :) I'll probably wind up eating Molly's bunny. lol

I remember Easter when I was a kid. I loved it. I remember helping my dad string plastic eggs out on our front bushes for decoration. We'd do the egg dye thing earlier in the week and those would be hidden in the house Easter morning for my siblings and I to find. The plastic goody filled eggs were scattered, hidden in the yard by my mom and dad while we patiently waited inside fighting the urge to peek out the window to see where they were being hid. Then there were the baskets. Mine was yellow and handmade by myself (with help, of course!) while I was in 4H. We'd get candy and goodies and it was freaken awesome. 

I hope my children grow up loving Easter like I did.

I better get my butt in gear and go get some egg coloring!!

With love,
Mama Hauck

3 comments:

  1. All I remember about Easter is biting the ears off my chocolate bunnies.

    This year's Easter will be considerably more low-key than last year. Check out the Easter egg hunt with all the little ones in this post from last April:

    http://life-in-quotations.blogspot.com/2010/04/im-aunt.html

    I don't think you and I had met yet. I'm so rarely around babies and toddlers and this time I was drowning in them, it was like Romper Room exploded all around me. Incidentally this was also the first time I had seen a wind farm, as you can see in the pictures). It went on for miles, as in your photos.

    You said you had a yellow basket when you were in 4H. What is 4H?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! Locusts. Too funny.

    4H is like....hmmm.....like girl scouts and boys scouts, there's just no gender separation and, in my opinion, way cooler. :) I know it's all over, but I've noticed it's a bigger deal and more hands on in places like where I live now. More down to earth and "country like." You know? The groups here raise cattle, sheep, pigs, chickens, bunnies, and goats and show them at the fair. Grow gardens and crap. Put on line dances with banquet meals and stuff. Community work. It's all pretty cool and fantastic for children's work ethics and self esteem. Anthony will FOR SURE be in 4H when he gets a bit older and then Molly right behind him. Maybe do a little mutton busting (riding sheep) at the fair. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I'll come please! My mom used to hide eggs for me too :)

    ReplyDelete