.

.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter

Easter morning started out a bit glum. It was raining out and our neighbor and good friend Leonard (where we keep our horse) came over to use Sam's phone and we could tell right away something was wrong. Saturday there was an accident with some big machinery (sorry, don't remember what it was called). His wife Tammy was out helping and got her leg caught and had a huge chunk of her calf cut and torn almost clean off......like her calf flap was just hanging down......and another deep gash in her thigh. It could have ended FAR worse had the machine not jammed up. Leonard rushed her to the hospital in town, where he was told they could do nothing for her (don't even get me started on that) so she was taken by ambulance to Portland. She's there recovering now and hopefully will be home soon. Please think happy thoughts for her! I can't imagine how scary that must have been.

Since it was raining, the Easter Bunny wasn't able to hide his eggs outside. He....or shall I say I......had to hide both the real and candy filled eggs in the house while the kids were busy eating a delicious breakfast Sam made. It was fun. :) Anthony could hardly contain himself when he finished eating and saw a few eggs hidden around the house. Once Molly was done with breakfast, it was go time. It took her all of 5 seconds to get the jist of what she was suppose to do. Both kids ran around the house all giddy finding their eggs. It was soooooo cute! 

After the egg hunt we got down all the baskets and watched as they gleefully dug in. :) Anthony kept exclaiming, "Thank you Easter Bunny!" lol. They loved the balls and frisbees and of course, the candy. I always got outside toys for Easter when I was a kid, so I wanted to continue that tradition. I LOVED watching my babies be all excited, having a good time. Nothing makes me more happy than making my babies happy.

Easter egg hunt!
The kids' Easter Baskets
 Opening up the baskets our friend Lori sent. :) The chalk, playdough, and bubbles were a hit! THANKS!
Opening up the baskets filled with goodies from the Easter Bunny!
Their chocolate bunnies and coloring books from Grandpa.

After baskets we prepped stuff for dinner and cleaned up the house. The rain eventually stopped and the sun came out so we jumped at the opportunity to take a few family photos like I had been hoping to do. After, the kids ran around playing with their new outside toys while I helped Sam fix something on his car. The day ended with a DELICIOUS dinner of broccoli, potatoes, steak, and jello with whipped cream. Leonard came back over for dinner because we didn't want him to be alone. It was awesome to have some company. We all had a few drinks and ate and then played "animal shoot" as Anthony likes to call it (Big Game Hunter on Wii, haha). Hope everyone had a nice Easter as well!

With love,
Mama Hauck

4 comments:

  1. Too cute! Love all of the pictures. I love the baskets you got them. They can be used for other things, like to keep toys or books in. Was that your goal? They are really cute. I Hope the kids enjoyed their day and all of their goodies. I sent the candy for you and Sam, the toys for the kids lol! I'll have to send you some of my boys too. I love the Animal shoot game. Jacob got the new one 2011 from the "Easter Bunny" this year, and loves it. Boys and guns!

    I can't figure out how to put a picture from the disc to my email to send them to you, it's so upsetting because I don't have internet at home and don't ever have much time at the library. I want you to see all!!!!!!!!

    Sorry to hear about your neighbor, that sounds terrible. I keep thinking we live in a small town, but then when I hear of things like this about the doctor and preschool, it makes me feel like we live in a big city. I do hope she is healing ok and feeling better soon.

    We had a very low-key easter at home, just the 4 of us. I made ham, mashed potatoes, green bean caserole, dinner roles, stuffing and mini cheesecakes. The boys also ate some of the eggs they had decorated the day before. I haven't heard how Cathy and Justin's time in MT was yet. I hope it all went ok. It's too bad we didn't get a chance to get together for Easter.

    I posted a few things on Etsy, I'm not sure I am loving the selling aspect of it all yet. Probably because I've only ever sold on Ebay so it's different (I hate change) so...we'll see how it all goes.

    I'm meeting up with Miranda on May 7th for her b-day, so she'll get to see the beautiful picture I bought from you for her. I'll let you know the feedback! All positive!!! I know!

    I have that writing class tonight, a little worried. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Becca I hope Tammy comes out of this okay. I used to play on my uncle's farm and I've seen how dangerous this equipment is, these things can just happen so fast. Leonard must have been distraught but it was great of you two to have him over.

    These photos are getting better all the time. I can't help but envision all of you sitting around someday going back through them. I have nothing but good memories of my childhood, it was filled with love and fun and I know the kids will feel the same of you and Sam.

    Molly's scrunchy-face in the last picture cracks me up. Was she smiling extra-hard for the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like fun, that sounds scary about Tammy :/
    I love the pic of Sam and Molly. Glad u had a good Easter. IT rained later in the day for us too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori - Tammy is home and doing ok. I can only imagine how scary it must have been for both of them. I really wish our hospital here didn't suck. They seriously can't do crap here. Always have to drive an hour to The Dalles (like I had to do to deliver Molly) ....or in severe cases like Tammy, 2 hours + to Portland. Probably couldn't treat a paper cut here. (haha) It makes me more mindful and cautious knowing help is so far away.

    You could just send me a cd with the photos on it? :)

    I'm glad you guys had a good Easter. I haven't heard yet how the trip went for them either. Good I hope! Actually, the baskets are just for Easter. Sam has a green one and I have a brown one. We got Anthony's for his first Easter and Molly's for her first Easter too. We put them away every year.....though we could use them for toy/book storage! They did enjoy all the goodies, thank you again! Hooray for the animal shoot game! LOL! Anthony asks to play it every day.

    Hope your writing class went well! OHHH!!! Ima go check out your etsy NOW! :)

    Barry - Yes, Molly's new big cheese. lol Leonard was distraught. He thinks it's his fault....poor guy.

    Jill - Molly is getting so cuddly! I'm SO GLAD cause she never use to be. :)

    ReplyDelete