.

.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sleepy Kisses

I hear you stumble out of bed 
Little feet toddle across the living room floor
It's still too early....still too dark
But I knew what you were looking to do
In a child's mind, in this big 'ol World
Mama and Papa's bed feels safe.....

Your sweet little hand reaches the door
And with a whooossh you push it open
A tired sigh escapes my lips, I wipe my groggy eyes
With your blanket slung over your shoulder
And arms reaching out, wanting and waiting
You beckon to me to pick you up

I crack a grin and give a soft chuckle
My open arms happily gobble you whole
I tuck you perfectly into your little nook
That space between your Papa and I
Sleepy kisses and sleepy hugs
All eyes are closed once again

It's times like these I choke back a tear and I think to myself.....
I simply could not love you more


With love,
Mama Hauck

3 comments:

  1. adorable! Love it.
    Moll is cute brushin her teethies in the last post. I can't believe u can get a 1 year old to do it! I feel like I was 2 or 3 before i brushed my teeth my mom said or maybe that was Jamie i don't remember lol.

    ReplyDelete