.

.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Spa Weekend

I had a spectacularly  awesome weekend!! Sammy and I packed up and headed out Saturday at 9:00 am.....but not before taking some "I'm ready for the weekend!" photos in our freshly fallen snow. :)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

On our way to the resort, we stopped at Multnomah Falls and hiked up to the bridge; something we have yet to do and will for sure go back and do again with the kids! 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The drive was beautiful with all the fresh snow covering the tall hill tops along the Gorge. We listened and vegged out to some Norah Jones and enjoyed the peace and quiet of our drive. We made it to Bonneville Hot Springs Resort and Spa at 2 for an early check-in. Like promised, I jumped on the bed. ;) The room was great and had a nice view of the surrounding woods. We immediately changed into our robes for fun! Sammy drank some beer and I broke out the bubbly wine we brought with us and proceeded to relax in the hot tub. We got champagne delivered to our room, but I didn't like it much....still cool though! After the hot tub we walked around the resort and checked things out. I got a delicious coffee and we sat in the rustic lounge they had there and people watched.

At 6:00 PM it was time to head to the spa! IT WAS AWESOME!!!! I got to soak for 25 minutes in a deep claw foot tub mineral bath with Spruce bubble bath oil in it. The room was made all of stone and there were candles everywhere. I was served lemon water and ate grapes. :) After that I layed in a dimly lit room wrapped in warm towels listening to relaxing music for 25 minutes. After that I had an 80 minute long massage with lavender lotion. Man oh man was that relaxing! The atmosphere of the spa was amazing and I hope to be able to go again sometime! 

Sammy and I finished off the night with a return trip to the lounge to have a few drinks. He had a Mac N' Jack beer and I had a yummy Mojito.

Photobucket

Sunday morning we were treated to a breakfast buffet. We headed to the restaurant with my hot chocolate in hand and we stuffed our faces with coffee, orange juice, bacon, sausage, omelets, fruit, and delicious waffles with fruit on top. 

Photobucket

We spent the remainder of the morning sitting in the foyer enjoying the view through the huge windows, making a visit to the boutique to buy some massage oil, and getting in the hot tub one last time. At noon it was time to hit the road. I was so sad I could have cried! haha 

Sammy definitely spoiled me this weekend and I am so incredibly thankful to have such a thoughtful and loving husband!! We had a blast and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the spa being pampered! My mom and sister drive home with the kiddos tomorrow and as much as I have enjoyed my down time, I'm excited to see them. :) I miss my babies!  


Photobucket

With love, 
Mama Hauck

3 comments:

  1. Love the falls pictures~ can't wait to see more! The one of you and Sam is super cute too. It sounds like you had an amazing time. This place sounds like it goes all out for their guests. I've never been to a spa before. I've never even had a massage or mani-pedi. You got to have a little time to yourself and get papmered, you deserve it you are such a good mom! I hope you had a great mini-vacation. But I also understand the need to have them back.....missing them is hard.

    On a much different note! Thanks for our Christmas package!! I got it in the mail today. I love that card!! Where did you find such an awesome crafty idea for noodles?? It was super cute. And.....YUMMY!! I'm going to make others jealous, but I got the super duper yummy cookies too! Thanks so much!! Sadly your Christmas card hasn't arrived yet though:'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a freakin blast! 80 min. massage?! That's amazing! I love the first pic of you , you are a total hottie!!! Cool bathrobe too! :) U guys are hard working parents and deserved a weekend to yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, This was my first time going to a spa and it was awesome! I really hope we'll be able to do this once a year or something...it was nice to have that alone time with Sam.

    Glad you got your package!! I hope the cookies weren't hard by the time you got them, lol. I STILL haven't gotten my cards in.....I think today or tomorrow I'm going to call and have them refund my money if I don't hear back from them....I wrote them another hate e-mail. But I got your card! It was cute, thanks! ;)

    Jill, thanks for the Christmas card! Yeah! We had soooo much fun! I drank tons of hot chocolate and we frolicked around the halls, haha. 80 minutes is a long time, but it went by too fast!

    ReplyDelete