.

.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Surreal

Sometimes, when all is quiet, I panic. I go and steal glances of my sleeping babies just to see that they are real. 

Sometimes, when all is quiet, I hold my breath....just waiting for their giggles to fill the air once again to reassure me that all is well. 

At times my life as a Mother feels so surreal. Could I be dreaming? How could a love so pure be real? Voids in my heart that I never knew existed before have been filled by their life.


Today I watched as my son stretched his arms out and beckoned for his sister to trust him and slide down the slide into the pile of snow. Giggling, she flashed her smile and let go. My daughter either knows no fear or whole heartily trusts her brother.

God I love my children. 

With love,
Mama Hauck

2 comments:

  1. Those times are precious, amazing and yes surreal! Just means you are doing an awesome job as their Mama. Trust is important to know, give freely and accept.

    ReplyDelete