.

.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Exciting Horse News!

Our neighbors and good friends from down the way, Tammy and Leonard, took on a 3rd horse. They decided they weren't willing to financially take on the burden of feeding a 3rd horse and asked Sammy and I if we wanted to take on the responsibility of Nik, a beautiful flea bitten gray gelding. After working out some details, we accepted and they gifted him to us!

We will have to pick up the cost of his feed and whatever medical/farrier bills he needs. I've longed to own a horse again for many, many years. My family owned a horse while growing up and I remember the joy he brought us and how excited I was to spend that time with my mother and sisters while caring for and riding Khalid.

We will board him at their place until we get our place set up with a barn, corral, etc. No telling the time line of this, but there is no worry. I have a saddle with some other horse goods and eventually will want and need to get all my own tack and supplies, but Tammy and Leonard are gracious enough to let me use all of their tack and supplies until I do get my own.

You know what the best part is? Nik looks exactly like Khalid, the horse I had as a child, that's pretty cool. He is a flea bitten gray......in the winter they appear mostly gray/white, but come warmer weather, tons and tons of little brown spots appear and they look incredibly gorgeous. Here is a photo I found to show you what a flea bitten gray looks like in warmer weather.

Photobucket

With love,
Hauck

2 comments:

  1. I'm super excited for you. I know you've wanted one for a long time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, THANKS for being such a loyal reader! :) It makes my day when I read your comments!!

    <3 Becca

    ReplyDelete